“I want to do quality work, but not put my physical and mental health at risk when I face pressure from fast-paced, highly demanding production requirements”.
Experience: 12 Years
Jimmy is a production worker in an assembly facility. His work is often fast-paced, his highly variable requirements, and can be physically challenging at times. He experienced a job-related cumulative trauma injury several years ago, and is keen to try new ways of avoiding excess strain.
Jimmy’s Biggest Challenges
- Reducing physical stress during demanding routines
- Managing emotional and mental stress during the work day
- Recognising when he is nearing his performance limits before degradation occurs
- Assembling products he does not know yet
Research Theme Examples:
- Senior integration, data fusion, and interoperability
- Understanding the relationship among physiological measures, behaviour, and cognition
- Effects of self-feedback on performance
Digital Innovation Example:
- Postural sensing system
- Integration of physiological sensing and behavioural modelling
- Real-time workload monitoring